Background

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Power of the Moment

I have been spending quite a bit of time watching over the grandchildren when Jacque is gone. When I am not playing with them I got out all books that I apparently got on sale from Barnes and Noble or a second hand shop that I thought I needed to help me with my ever ending issues with becoming a 'better me'. Such books are.. Health/Fitness; detox cookbook;3-Hour Diet; Dr Bridells Logical and Completely Guaranteed Diet; 15 minute cookbook; the Shangrali Diet; Heart and Healthy Living 1magazines; Dr. Phil's The Ultimate Weight Solution; Eat My Words; the 60-Seconds to weight Loss Success; and my new favorite is the Well Being Journal. The latter I have been like a sponge full of water taking it all in.

Most people who know me that I have a library full of books but I have decided to read each of these books and find what I like from them and then give them away. If they aren't useful then maybe they will be for others. I don't want to harbor books that will not help me be the best me.

Here are some 60 second tricks to help us when we go browsing for something to eat.

Place a post it note that says; "What you're looking for isn't here!" in places to find at low moments as reminders of what you're really seeking---a healthy body and self-mastery.

Keep disposable gloves in your kitchen and purse. wear them while cooking or at the movies to stop mindless nibbling.

Keep warm soapy water in the sink or a big bowl while cooking. Immediately place mixing beaters, bowls and spoons in it to avoid extra licks and tastes. (I think this one WOULDN'T work for me. I would just clean out the bowl before putting it in the sink.)

Keep an extra toothbrush and toothpaste in your purse,, desk drawer and the bathrrom closest to the kitchen. Quickly brush your teeth after all meals and snacks.

Take a motivating pictures and put it on your fridge; in your pantry or where you look for things to eat to motivate you to not eat extra snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment