Background

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Beginnings

I have to say that this is probably the best thing I have started to do all year except maybe write on LDS Journal my happenings. This is a more personalized way to share my journey with optimal health.

I have to thank Jackie, my daughter-in-law for setting this up for me. I KNOW I couldn't have done it on my own without some over the shoulder instructions every minute of every entry. When I talk with Crystal I always tell her I am illiterate. She said Mom that's that you can't read! I said, well then computer illiterate. I keep plugging away in hopes of conquering my weakness.

I would have to say a turning point in my losing weight was an avenue I took with Candace when she and I went on the Ideal Protein diet that I got from Wendy Fike. It was so difficult but over a course of 5 months I had lost 40 lbs. Who would have thought! THEN I have become affected by artificial light with the doctor telling me to go off artificial sweeteners meaning that I would have to go off this diet. Having said that I did not weight myself for three months. I didn't want to know if I had gained any back knowing full well that I had.I had to get real with where I am at with my attitude towards where I was and what I wanted to look like; I needed to start weighing myself and start taking conscious effort of what goes in the mouth and down to the stomach and exercise! Plus I will be 58 YEARS old this year and I surely do not want to have this as a goal that I would have to look at and learn from the next 42 years. I want to have learned it and then live it and move on to other great goals that I have set for myself.



Long story short, I have

No comments:

Post a Comment