Background

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Good Thoughts

I have a driven nature sometimes to do things for other people who may be going through hard times. Sometimes I let my imperfectism get in the way of my accomplishment. Long story short; I am following my gut feeling on it and let the pieces fall where they may.

Yesterday I was out shopping for Easter treats and books for my grandchildren and I was looking for a treat for myself. One of the sweeter side of treats we bought years ago was red and black licorice; cherry nibs or pieces. I bought the bag or cherry pieces and while driving home from Costco listening to a positive phrase tape on weight loss ate piece after piece of the licorice and there still is a little over half of the bag left. Some how I don't think that is suppose to happen at the same time....eating a sweet and listening to a tape on being strong against tempting foods!!!

I have heard it said that we shouldn't cut out the sweets totally because when we come upon the temptation we may not be able to eat only a few bites but maybe the whole bag. I ENJOYED the handful of licorice immensely. I didn't lose a pound but I didn't gain one either. Overall I felt good about all of the other things that I ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment