Background

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Step 2-Measure your Waist Line

There is a right way and a wrong way to measure your waist. Hold a measuring tape horizontally around the abdomen at navel level, parallel to the floor. The tape should be snug, but not pulled tight. Breathe out and note your waist measurement.

For us women a waist circumference of 35 inches or higher is unhealthy.

Okay we have already distinguished that I am not healthy according to their standards. Losing the good weight slowly is how it needs to be done for me. However, I did go on Ideal Protein for five months and I did take the weight off faster and I have gained some back but it helped me jump start my decline in how much I weigh. It has been five months off the diet and like I said I have gained some weight back but I still feel like my road to good health is progressing nicely.

While we were on our trip to Kansas I had the right mind set but I didn't always keep a great profile of eating healthy. I love M&M's but I ate a half bag and through the others away. They aren't my favorite any more. I like licorice but again I don't have a desire to buy a bag. However, chocolate if still on my list of sweets but I only crave it once in awhile.

I have a cold now because of the stress level I was under and I want to get back the energy level I had before my injury with cutting the corner too soon 6 weeks ago and start exercising. I don't feel the urge yet because of the cold that is dragging me down. But this too shall pass.

It is my hope that I will have mastered this long battle with weight that I have deemed so important in this life time and take what I know into the next life. It is one issue that has followed me after I was married as I was skinny as a rail before that.

No comments:

Post a Comment