Background

Monday, April 12, 2010

Can't

The word can't shouldn't be in any one's vocabulary! I find that if I tell myself I can't have any sweets; or no chocolate; or not this or that, its like my body is going to prove you wrong and tell you I CAN eat those things. I need to trick myself into thinking that those foods are going to be around a long time and that I don't need to eat them right now or this week. But saying can't isn't in my picture of acceptance.

We all know that food ideas and sweets come and go. As a child I used to eat a licorice treat called HELPS. It came in a small red box I think that looked like a match box except the sides slide out the other way rather than the long way like matches. It had two small holes that the small perfectly squared treats would fall out into your hand. I GOT that every time we went to town. Grandpa Burnett took us up main street to the drugstore to pay for our ten cent candy of our choosing. I would savor those candies every time I got them. A couple of years ago I found something similar but not exactly like it.

I really don't eat much chocolate. I do get cravings for it at times....I eat it and then I am done....for another time and place.

No comments:

Post a Comment