Background

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Jorge Cruise

My girls have different ideas about this and that on how to lose the last ten pounds. For me it is much more than ten pounds but I think that at my age I have tried just about every diet I care to.

See I have a belly! The belly has been there for some time since my 1998 surgery when I had a mass within a mass on my stomach. They cut me down the middle like a meatloaf cutting all of the muscles in sight to get to this mass that they weren't sure was to find out. Naturally so you wouldn't want to just cut over the top of the mass but because of that surgery I have no muscle control in my stomach which protrudes.

About a year ago I went on the Ideal Protein diet and lost 40 pounds but have gained about 10 back. They think that this Belly Fat Cure will help me get back down to this 40 pound loss and get back on schedule to losing my weight.

Of course they think that would be right up my alley and so I bought the BOOK. Interesting enough he said that American's consume far more sugar than they should and that it contributes to the belly fat. Through his research he found that even the average person consumes 47 tsp of sugar. No way I thought. But then one day I started adding it up and it is possible.

For instance a cup of broccoli has 2 natural sugars in it;
1/2 a fuji apple has 7 sugars and 1 carb; the good news is that an avacado has 0 sugars and 0 carbs....so eat up;
1/2 med banana has 7 sugars and 1 carb;
1 small orange has 9 sugars and 1 carb;
1/2 mango has 12 sugars and 1 carb;
1/2 cup strawberries has 4 sugars and 1 carb....so my smoothies are going to be on an occasional basis now.

So when I say 1 carb = one serving.

5 to 20 grams =1 serving;
21 to 40=2 servings;
41-60 grams=3 servings
Anything under 5 grams is not counted.

So say you have a food that has 21 grams....it is two servings.

I have tried it off and on this past week. It will be a tough haul but I will give the whole week try and see where it gets me. I will blog every day to share what I have eaten and how it is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment